PEARSON, Jim

Jim Pearson Jim Pearson Transport.

Inducted into the Shell Rimula Wall of Fame at ReUnion 2006.

Jim Pearson (Snr) commenced his association with road transport in 1952 when he purchased the Caltex service station at Marks Point, which is south of Newcastle.  He opened 24 hours per day.  Many owner-drivers and trucking companies became customers and friends including Tom and Peter Lindsay. At that time Lindsay Bros Transport operated three Ford table-tops carting produce from Coffs Harbour to Sydney.

By 1956 Jim had two transport companies.  One was Lake Macquarie Freighters, which operated interstate, and was later sold to become R&H Transport.  The intrastate business was Macquarie Transport also sold to Toll, when it was owned by National Minerals.

In 1974 Jim Pearson Transport was established at Port Macquarie and from a single truck has now grown to over 100 prime-movers with depots in Sydney, Brisbane, Taree and Kempsey.  Jim (Jr) became general manager in 2000 and accelerated growth. Moving general and refrigerated goods from Sydney and Brisbane and the mid-north coast of NSW.,  Jim Pearson  Transport has an enviable record for efficiency and safety, training and staff retention.

Jim Pearson has been a strong advocate for the road transport industry and has served as president and as a committee member of the Long Distance Road Transport Association.  In this position, Jim has lobbied both state and federal governments on issues that are important to the road transport industry.

Jim Pearson, like many in the trucking industry, is very community-minded working hard for the betterment of his community and local charities.  He serves as a council member and deputy mayor on the Port Macquarie Hastings Council.

Jim is a leader in the transport industry and through his dedication and commitment he has helped all operators benefit through his advocacy of issues with governments over a four decade period.  Jim is a man who worked hard to earn his respect on the road and well-deserves his place in the National Road Transport Hall of Fame.