Inducted into the Shell Rimula Wall of Fame at ReUnion 2011.
Garry Ryan's father, Bernard, started his small transport business in country Victoria around 1950 carting fish and ice from Pt. Welshpool and soon expanded into the cartage of milk in cans for South Gippsland Milk Industries which later became Murray Goulburn. He also began carting CIG gas to Barrys Beach and drums of fuel and oil from Mobil in Melbourne to Mobil in Leongatha.
The company then started transporting poles for the State Electricity Commission before venturing out into the brick industry. They started with Clifton Bricks in Melbourne in sales and delivery to places throughout South Gippsland and Phillip Island.
By 1980 Garry and his brother Dennis took over the running of the business. This continued until 1994 when he sold his part of the business to his brother who still continues to run Ryans Bricks and Transport at Leongatha.
At this time Garry moved his family to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, where he bought concrete agitators and Kenworth semi tippers. Along with his son Luke he ran this business subcontracting to Neil Mansell Concrete on the coast until 2005.
Garry then sold the business and started driving coal road trains for LCR Blackwater. After two years Garry and his son started working for Fuel Trans Brisbane and they are currently carting ethanol from Mackay and Sarina to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.