Call Us: (08) 8952 7161
Shopping cart
There are no products in your cart.
Year: 2010


Inducted into the Shell Rimula Wall of Fame at ReUnion 2010.

Eamon (Mac) McFadzean grew up in Pascoevale, Melbourne. Mac started his apprenticeship in 1949 as a panel beater / coachbuilder for Sir Reginald Ansett.

In 1955 the trucking bug bit and he began driving milk tankers in 1955 throughout the south Gippsland area. In 1959 Mac moved to Wangaratta  after seeing an opportunity in the logging industry he thought he could get into.

To get started he traded his Zephyr, as a deposit, on a 1959 petrol Commer and soon after started carting red gum logs from the Barmah Forest on the Murray River and logs from the Mansfield area. Wet season saw Mac change to flat top trailers and he started hauling interstate including trips across the country to Perth. Road conditions from Port Augusta to Kalgoorlie were so bad that often the trucks loaded onto trains. Other feats in these old trucks were trips to Townsville and Cairns.

In 1966 Mac sold the petrol Commer and purchased a new Commer Knocker and continued interstate transport until 1970.  Then he started work at Bright where he carted locally, including many legal (!!) loads of building materials to the new Mt Hotham Chalets, in an International CD1840 powered by a 160 Cummins. Later he drove a 180 supercharged Cummins powered ACCO. In 1975 Mac and family moved to Nicholson in East Gippsland to buy a 1974 G89 Volvo log truck. He carted logs from north-west of Bruthen to Rouches Mill and also from the Dargo/Cobbanah area to Collins Mill at Bairnsdale and Stratford. He also carted pulpwood to Maryvale APM.

Mac then traded the G89 on an F12 Volvo in 1984, later updating to another F12 and again to his last truck, an F16 Volvo. Mac sold the F16 in the late 1990s, to retire home to Bairnsdale. He then filled his days cutting lawns and firewood and doing odd jobs for elderly clients and friends.

Mac has always been regarded as a true gentleman; a slave to the industry.


Shell Rimula Wall of Fame

Browse by Surname

All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

Year Inducted

Search the Wall of Fame

Visit Us

92 Norris Bell Drive
Alice Springs, NT

View Map

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 9am to 5pm
Sat - Sun: 9 am to 3pm
Unless otherwise advised

Cafe Open 9am -2:30 7 Days

*Entry Fee Applies

Contact Us


Camping and general inquiries call reception on (08) 8955 5047

Administration please call  (08) 8952 7161