Inducted into the Shell Rimula Wall of Fame at ReUnion 2008.
David Henry Yeoman was born at Mornington, Victoria in April 1936. He started his driving life at the age of 15 while working in a market garden at Wheelers Hill for Mr Ron Cotter.
He drove a Farmall tractor before graduating to a 1939 model Oldsmobile truck which was used to take brussel sprouts to Scorsby for transport to Sydney markets by D.E. Cameron from Doncaster. David then moved on to drive a Mossis Commercial for Rowland's Soft Drinks, of Burwood.
In 1954 he was offered a position at Runnings Transport Services, Dandenong, driving an International 160 on local work before upgrading to an R180, taking fruit from the Packenham area to Sydney markets. Next came a Mercedes 331 and dog trailer owned by Peter Arnold carting plaster to Canberra and furnace coke from Port Kembla back to Melbourne. 1958 saw David making a change to taxis. In September of 1959, David and Shirley were married. After their first daughter, Sandra, was born, David drove for a local quarry in the Frankston, Langwarrin area for Aidan Graham.
Going back to long distance driving with GN Blomfield of Red Hill in 1962, David was very proud to be given the chance to drive one of the first six Kenworth trucks imported by DE Cameron; GN Blomfield's S-model 220 HP V6. Later on David moved on to drive for E Thomas of Mainridge, driving an R-190 before retiring from long-distance and interstate driving and going to work for SRWSPC at Frankston, driving a low-loader. It was during this time his second daughter, Amanda, was born.
In 1970 he was offered a shift at Lysaght Steel at Hastings. After a number of years driving big machines on site, David moved back to trucks at Graham Quarries. There he drove for Hamilton Bros., hay growers, and was driving a SAR Kenworth. David then drove for John McNaught carting rice before retiring in 1996 with bad knees. David now works as a volunteer driver for the Berrigan Shire Home Support Service.